Friday, March 19, 2010

Smarty Pants

Had to gloat just a little:  I had M's parent-teacher conference today, and she is drastically improved since her fall conference.  Teacher even said, academically, she is as advanced as some of the children in the class that will be entering kindergarten this fall  (she still has one more year of PreK)!

She went from only recognizing 4 letters, to knowing 90% of the uppercase alphabet (and more than half of the lowercase letters too)!  And she can rote count to 29!! (in the fall she counted to 7).  I'm so proud of my little girl.

Keep your fingers crossed - M's PreK program is on the cutting block of the state of IL budget, and may lose 100%  funding. :-(   We've been so blessed to have her in school and with such a great teacher, so it will be truly heartbreaking if it is cut.  I wrote to our senator, but he is already in support of the program, so I felt like I was preaching to the choir.  Send some prayers our way!

~

1 comment:

  1. Oh man :( That must be so distressing :( I really hope the budget gets worked out. Stupid economy!

    ReplyDelete