Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The UGLY

While most of the time I try to keep this blog about the positive experiences, some occasions need to be mentioned that I hope to soon forget.  C's nighttime routine is one of those.
  1. He still goes to bed with a bottle.  The pediatrician told us that babies should be completely off of bottles by 15 months.  He is now 16 months.
  2. He wakes up every night around midnight.  Usually this is because he has rolled out of his blankets and wants to cuddle to warm up.  So, I bring him into bed to snuggle up and we fall right back to sleep.
  3. He wakes up again screeching around 4am.  Usually this is because he is too hot under the blankets and wants to be tucked back in his own bed.
  4. But not without another bottle.
  5. If we don't change his diaper in the middle of the night during one of these waking episodes, he almost certainly soaks through it before morning, after all of this milk.
I'm sick of washing bottles. I'm tired of waking up twice in the middle of the night, and I dread changing diapers on a screeching baby so as not to risk wet clothes in the morning! 

Any advice out there?  I'm getting desperate!

~

1 comment:

  1. Oy, no advice, except that stinks :( Could you give him less milk in the bottles?

    ReplyDelete