And so, the Bad Book List begins:
- Top of the list - the Sesame Street Library Collection - very poorly written, and terribly monotonous.
- There's a Hole in the Bucket - After the first three verses, I just want to rip my hair out.
- Any of the Super Why books. The show does such a better job of engaging kids.
- The Learn Your Numbers Sparkle Book. Rubs me the wrong way.
- Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel. Too many words, too little action
- Barney Is It Time Yet? *shudder*
- Also, I'm not terribly enamored with Beatrix Potter books - Peter Rabbit, etc. Too British or something.
- Any book that involves singing, including:
- Raffi books: Down By the Bay, One Light One Sun, Baby Baluga
- Miss Mary Mack
- The Lady with the Alligator Purse
- Mary had a Little Lamb
- There's a Hole in the Bucket
- Five Little Ducklings
like this trick, sir.
My tongue isn't
quick or slick, sir.
I get all those
ticks and clocks, sir,
mixed up with the
chicks and tocks, sir.
I can't do it, Mr. Fox, sir."
Personally, I really enjoy the singing books, so Dad calls those Mama books. And I also have no issues with Fox In Socks.
Luckily, our list of favorite books is much longer than our bad book list. But that's for another post.
Do you have any books you'd like to go "poof"?