Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Stint of Soccer

We signed M up for Sharkey's Soccer with the Urbana Park District last fall.  Of course they are always short-handed for coaches so I agreed to coach her team.  Boy did I underestimate what that involved!  Anyway, it was very fun and I enjoyed not only teaching M beginning soccer skills, but also getting to know many of the other kids and parents on our team. Overall it was fun - and I never want to do it again!


















M warms up on the sidelines
















M kicks and runs!













Circling up for a team talk!














The sun sets over the goal on my short stint as a soccer coach.  Maybe M will want to play this fall...time will tell!

If anyone is interested, I wrote detailed plans for each of our practices, as well as a weekly newsletter that went home to parents, I'm willing to share these with anyone, just let me know!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment