Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fall 2011 and Halloween Fun

Yes, yes, I'm still playing catch up on my blog.  I'd like to get back to doing short non-picture posts about all of the cute things my kids say and do.  But the constraints of life leave me doing photo bomb posts for the near future.

We had a crazy fall, mostly because we bought a fixer-upper in January 2011 and it was finally ready to move into in October.  Much of our happenings were put on hold during the renovation and move, but here are a few snippets of that chaotic time.














Pumpkins were carved.  Mason jars were painted.














For C's birthday we went to the Monticello Railway Museum and rode the Ghost Train. 














M was terrified of the train ride.


















We moved into the new house on October 29th, just in time to celebrate Halloween in our new neighborhood.  M was a princess-witch.  C was a cowboy-monster.


















The cowboy-monster story originates just after Halloween 2010.  I purchased a few costumes on clearance after the holiday, to use for 2011.  Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me, C had already decided he wanted to be a monster for Halloween.  I had purchased a cowboy costume.  Hence the cowboy-monster!  I added some white face paint to make him pale, and some red hair spray - done!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment