Saturday, January 9, 2010

Lisa and Henry

I myself have never been very creative when naming my stuffed animals.  Usually its just Doggy, Kitty, Bunny, etc., etc.  I still have my first stuffed animal, Puffy the Puffalump.  I could surely write a whole blog about him and our adventures together:



















M has finally taken her imaginative play into the realm of Naming.  It has really only just begun, with two animal names.  Introducing....












Lisa the Dog













 




and Henry the Fox

Personally, I'm quite fond of Henry too.  Very soft and cuddly, and there are a several stories we particularly enjoy reading with Henry around as an interactive character:
  • Hattie and the Fox by Mem Fox
  • Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr / Eric Carle 
  • The Hat and The Mitten by Jan Brett
  • The Fox Went Out On A Chilly Night, an old song, Illustrated by Peter Spier
In each book, the fox plays a role in the story.  I must say, Hattie and the Fox has become one of my favorite stories of all time; a must for any children's collection.

The other thing I like about Henry is that he is not just another teddybear, dog, or cat.  He's a fox.  Awesome.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment