Friday, January 29, 2010

Art Area!

I may have a second-calling as a preschool teacher.

We had a miraculous find this week while shopping - I finally found the shelf I have been longing for, to organize M's art supplies.






















We already had the little bins, but they were just placed on the table willy-nilly, cluttering it up.  I realized a while back that this was not a convenient display of supplies, and without ease of accessibility, the kids gravitated towards other areas of the room that were easy to access.

However, I had a terrible time finding a shelf that met our needs.  I wanted it to fit easily on the table, and I wanted to be able to use the bins we already had, so that supplies could be changed, reorganized, and added easily (I didn't want to be limited by drawers or slots).  Then we found this - its actually a shoe rack - and it works perfectly!  I couldn't be happier.








 A few finishing touches - I took pictures of the items we have, and made labels for each bin, so that she can put them away easily in the right spots.  I love how everything had a place - all of the scrap paper spiral notebooks fit underneath, the crayons on one shelf, the markers on another, and then painting/pencils/stickers on another.

M is already using it!  She really likes how the bins have pictures on them, so she knows which bins are for which materials.  We did some coloring before bedtime tonight. Yay for organized and clutter-free creative spaces.

~

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Where did you find the shoe rack? Yet another idea I might steal from you. I'm loving the blog. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete